Monday, May 02, 2005

No Tell Motel: "Breezy, Ironic and Jersey"

Honestly, we were going for more Miami South Beach. Or California.

Daisy Fried weighs in on poetry online at Poetry's "web exclusive" -- I'm not sure why "web exclusive" makes me giggle. Perhaps I'm a little breezy in the head. It does make me feel special. I'm easy these days.

"Notellmotel.org, with its pastel retro-fifties/sixties Jersey Shore motel look, emphasizes the ironically breezy or breezily ironic."

She also plugs Octopus, MiPoesia, canwehaveourballback and a few blogs, Here Comes Everybody, C. Dale, Silliman and Jim Berhle.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger RL said...

I grew up in West Mifflin (very close to Kennywood) and also lived in Wilkins Twp., Lincoln Place and Duquesne. As an undergrad at CMU I lived in the city (Oakland & Shadyside).

I have family in Greensburg.

You're right, most of my family remain in W. PA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home