Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Fantasies

Last night I had this fantasy. That I was going to wake up this morning at 9 and boast that it's finally happened. Gideon slept 5+ hours. I had reason for hope. The night before he slept 4.5 hours in one stretch. Last night at 2 he downed 6.5 ounces (that's a lot) and seemed almost drunk with drowsiness. I thought, tonight I will sleep.

Stoopid new mom. He woke up at 4, then 6, then 7, took a brief nap and stayed up until noon (another brief nap).

Often I come back to something a blog buddy said to me a few weeks ago. He told me smart kids don't sleep through the night and he had some pretty persuasive anecdotal evidence. Every night in my delirium I think this is the lot of a mother of a genius.

Imagine my glee when I had the brief hope my son wasn't a genius. I mean, who wants a genius? Geniuses are freaks. I want him to fit in with society and not have to take his cousin to the prom.

Well, there goes that dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home