Monday, May 09, 2005

The weekend in Pittsburgh was good. I think Gideon has now met every immediate relative on my side. I'm not sure if he caught a cold or if it's allergies to the pollen, but he has a runny nose. So in addition to pee, poop and puke, I can add snots onto my repertoire. That makes me classically trained, right?

Saturday night I gave advice to a friend about how he shouldn't leave evidence of his fucked up parenting for his children to discover later down the road. Half a day later I was snapping pics of Chris and my uncle posing Gideon with a cigarette and Heineken. I should probably start following my own advice. Please don't call child protective services. It was an unlit cigarette.

Here's a more appropriate picture.

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger C. Dale said...

OMG, he is so cute! He is even cuter now than he was not long ago. And he is huge compared to the last pictures we saw. I swear to God he'll be asking for the keys to the car soon.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger RL said...

I should take another picture of him with his ducky now that he doesn't scream in the tub. That is if if I sing to him -- and if you ever heard me sing you'd wonder why he wasn't screaming, but I have to do whatever I can to toughen this kid and prepare him for the cruel cruel world he'll someday embark on.

La la la!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

Um. After a week of delving through generations of old letters and evidential such-like, I want to say that the evidence is interesting... and if you can't avoid messing a kid up (I certaily can't) the evidence will at least give em good stories and people to blame!!!

I should mention I was named after the abortion clinic where my mother "didn't go through with it." In my family, we tend to be full-disclosure fuck ups.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home