Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Angels Shine Upon

Sure he didn't sleep all evening and was King Pissy Pants for most of it -- but when we did finally get him to sleep at midnight -- he stayed asleep for SEVEN hours! I feel like I should go out and slaughter a goat or something. Thank you fickle gods.

This Sunday is Mother's Day. This weekend we're going to Pittsburgh to introduce Gideon to my family. This evening Tender Buttons is going to drop off gifts for our mother, stepmother and grandmother for us to bring along. I asked her what she got them but she couldn't tell me because she got me the same thing. That's right, I'm getting a mother's day gift. How weird. But appropriate, cause I'm a mother now and why shouldn't I get a piece of the action? So you hear that, baby's daddy? I'm supposed to get a gift on Sunday and you better have something good else you'll look like an asshole in front of my family.

I mean come on, on my way to pilates this morning I noticed baby vomit on my beautiful suede Coach handbag and I didn't go apeshit. That's what being a mother is all about. Having everything nice ruined and accepting it.
---------

Writing my poetry column for the Happy Booker. Think it's going up on Friday. I still have to come up with a spiffy name for it. I ran a name past Tony and he let me know it was pretty lame. So I'm still working on that.

6 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, it's going up on friday, even if we have to call it "tender buttons!" too bad poesy galore is taken!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Oliver de la Paz said...

So mama, what are you doing for mama's day?

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger RL said...

I'm going to be in Pgh with my mother and grandmother expecting a really super gift from Chris!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Er...not for your Coach bag, specifically, but you need to get a product called Totally Toddler pronto. It comes in spray, wipes, and gallon sizes and works much better than any other product for assorted baby effluvia. Their clothes, your clothes, the Oriental rug....No kidding, it is the best.

Have a happy first-time Mother's Day, and if you don't get a fabulous present, buy one for yourself and remind him on Father's Day!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Good luck with the column.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Baby effluvia...I love it.

-deborah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home