Monday, July 04, 2005

Christmas in July

Do all ice cream trucks play Christmas music? The one near my house does.

Jordan Davis has kind words for No Tell Motel and two of our poets, Elizabeth Bradfield and Catherine Daly.

I've been rereading all of the poems published for possible inclusion in the Bedside Guide antholology and I have to say, we've been very fortunate to have so many amazing poets send in work. Last summer when Molly and I were working on launching No Tell, more than a few folks said that we'd have a difficult time finding enough good poems to publish a new one each weekday. People are such naysayers. No vision. The exact opposite has been true. We end up turning down good work all the time as I'm sure many other magazines do too. Or at least that's what I tell myself when they reject my work.

Yesterday's BBQ was fun. The house still reeks of curry powder. Everyone got a first hand view of why everything nice I own is now covered in baby spit up.

Matt Shindell showed up and we talked a bunch of smack about other poets. We'll be reading together (along with about 10 other Lucipo poets) in Baltimore on July 27th.

Tony just made it clear that I'm a New Sincerist (I was unsure). Now I don't have to go through all the trouble of starting my New PILF movement. Thank god. That would be a party where no one would show up despite having the most delicious punch and cutest finger foods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home