Saturday, August 20, 2005

And Slipping Off My NS Sweater

Apparently contrasting proclaimed rotting shoelaces and a closet full of shoes is insincere and in poor taste. Apparently my attempts at being warm and humorous have been interpreted as making a clown of someone. Again, my naivety comes into play because this reaction shocks me. Why people jump to thinking the worst -- well, I'll probably never understand.

This has nothing to do with writing sincere poems and I'll continue to write how I have been. But the last thing I want is to be a distraction in "the movement" and drive out the founders so I'll go back under the NS radar for a little while. Not quitting. Just taking a little "quiet" time.

2 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

Reb,

It's the fucking internet!

Seriously, tone is hard to read from a screen sometimes.

We'll all survive.

Tony

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger andy mr. said...

Hey Reb, I just misunderstood the tone of your post. And I'm sensitive about being the poor loser that I am.

The New Sincerity cannot be stopped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home