Friday, September 02, 2005

Back

Thank you Tender Buttons for filling in. If it makes you feel better, you made me care about Erin.

Yep, I'm back and while we had a great time at the beach (Gideon loved sitting in his chair and watching the waves and feeling the wind), it is good to be home after being away for most of August. Sweet high speed Internet access, may we never part again. I'm "rested" (but not tanned, I use sunblock, a big floppy hat and an umbrella -- I have no intention of becoming leather face). I'm behind and have a mounting list of things I need to handle.

For instance, I see Fence stole my idea for the cover of The Bedside Guide. Way back when I had the idea to use my breast-feeding breasts for the cover, but decided against it and got a real designer to create one. Maybe I should have, mine were bigger and as we all know bigger is always better.

And seeing the Fence cover reminds me that The Bedside Guide cover is late because I dropped the ball on getting some information to the designer. Will take care of that tomorrow.

Crucial Rooster will be a week late too.

Tooled over to Fascicle and about fell over. Just looking at the front page is overwhelming and brain splitting. Where to begin? Where to click? A little muttering under my breath about why couldn't all the content be presented in a way I could more easily digest (and I don't mean like No Tell, I don't mean one poet at a time), but enough of that. I'm interested in what's there and will get to reading it sometime soon (I still have to read Octopus, I'm like so 2004). On a side note, I've received roughly 10 messages these past couple months ranging from "Tost is a nice guy if you get to know him" to "I have a black belt and will rip him to shreds, just give me the word." Look, I won't bail out of your birthday party if you invite both of us. I'm cool with him. I met him in Carrboro and thought he was nice. My comments back then were in response to something he wrote that I thought was kind of obnoxious and I tried to take those comments to task. I was never angry with him. Maybe he didn't like my comment about his nutsack, but I kind of doubt it was a big deal. It was a metaphorical nutsack anyhow.

What else, oh yes, I think I'm slated to read at the Frequency Series on Saturday, October 29. I'll also be reading in Miami on November 11 with a bunch of rad poets. Also I'll be sitting on some panels this fall on blogging, being a poet (hee hee), running a literary magazine, etc. You can check here for more information and I'll post the events here as they near.

Saving the best for last, it's September. No Tell Motel is accepting submissions. Please, follow the guidelines, yo.

4 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boo! erase me, like the memories of vacations past!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Paul said...

I think you should still do your version of the Fence cover. I'd buy... ;)

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Charles said...

Reb, you're my hero.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Assignment Writing Help said...


We are a top rated university assignment help Online service here with experts specializing in a wide range of disciplines ensuring you get the assignments that score maximum grades.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home