Monday, October 24, 2005

Panel Recap

On Saturday I joined Lucinda Ebersole from Gargoyle and David Housley from Barrelhouse to discuss literary magazines at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference. See, I didn't get an official program until I showed up so I had no idea that the panel/workshop was supposed to last for two and a half hours. There was a lot of "so what do you want to talk about now?" We discussed both starting a literary journal and how to get published in one. It was casual and I always enjoy talking about myself so I had fun. Also, the college kids who were somehow cajoled into attending had computers with Internet access right in from of them, so they could check e-mail surf the web as soon as they got bored. It was a win/win for all.

I met 42opus fiction editor, Zachary Benavidez. I was like "Hey, my poem just appeared in your magazine!" and he was like "Really? Oh, um, yes, yes, splendid work."

If you have good (shorter) fiction, send it Zachary's way.

At the end of the panel Richard Peabody from Gargoyle stepped in and we discussed the ramifications of Kate Moss doing blow and the MiPO podcast interview. Apparently he never felt like I was dissing him (and other print editors) at the Writer's Center panel and assured me he wasn't dissing me in the MiPO interview. So there was no dissing of any kind.

Thank God. The last thing I need is another literary mag editor out to get me.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

Oh, I'm starting a litmag just so I can "get you."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home