Saturday, February 04, 2006

How Else Can I Call Bullshit On Something If I Don't Know What's Being Said?

Ooooh, I'm busted.

I guess.

Everybody -- go check your stats -- with a domain like "rebaroni.com" -- I'm not too hard to miss. Seems rather "transparent" -- and that's awfully important these days -- isn't it?

Hi. I'm Reb Livingston. I spend an unhealthy amount of time on the Internet. I'm usually up until 3 a.m. One of the many places I check on an obsessive basis is Foetry. And probably your blog, if you have one. And Drudge. And Yahoo news. And the Washington Post. And the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.

I'm also a compulsive self-googler.

Not sure what this has to do with "Exposing the fraudulent "contests." Tracking the sycophants. Naming names." and how I'm being dishonest. Never said I didn't go there. Last year Alan said I was there "every fucking day" and I my reply was "not recently" and that was true at that time. I had a new baby and was obsessing about other things.

I am more than aware that Alan could easily check and "out" me. There were ways I could have got around him knowing I was visiting the site -- but this doesn't rank on my list of dirty little secrets I don't want anyone to know.

Here, I'll help Alan spread the word to the masses and make poetry safe for everyone. Maybe give Foetry a big usage jump. For a day.

And I'm sorry Alan if I didn't blush over your kind praise of the anthology. I didn't think I was being especially rude -- just wondering what your next step in cleaning up "Poetry" was going to be. You do have a next step, don't you? There is something more, right? I keep going back because I expect to see something more.

What is it that you're "exposing" again? Maybe you got a hot tip that Jorie Graham re-gifted something? I know, how tacky!

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Steven D. Schroeder said...

Foetry's big update is that you visit their site? I guess there's not much going on. I think I've been back twice since I took my leave last year, both times because people I knew came up. Please feel free to stat-check me, Alan.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Alan Cordle said...

Hi Steven -- I would if only you were as interesting as Reb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home