Monday, February 13, 2006

mail problems

hey -- my mail problems haven't gone away -- it's taking up to 3 days for e-mail to arrive -- and sometimes it's taking up to a day for e-mail I sent to make it out. So if I'm slow to respond -- that may be why. If you need to get in touch with me right away -- try contacting me another way (if you don't know another way -- leave a note in this comment box).

It's probably going to be like this for the rest of the week -- we need a new piece of equipment and it hasn't arrived yet.

5 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Abulsme said...

I feel your pain. Literally of course since I share your mail server. I'd switch to using one of my other 5 or 10 email addresses, but I just don't want to. :-) Hopefully that equipment arrives quickly!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger RL said...

Chris just called -- the problem should "improve" this evening (hopefully) -- apparently somebody send us over 100,000 e-mails over the weekend and that's clogging everything up.

If Chris doesn't get this straightened out, I'm leaving him.

On Valentine's Day.

I'm that annoyed.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger David HG said...

Hey Reb...given the email problems, figured I'd ask you this here: I want to send you a submission, but the first poem has formatting requirements that don't copy correctly into the body of an email. Shall I send it as an attachment? -David HG

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger RL said...

David -- send the poem as an attachment (and follow the rest of the submission guidelines) -- in the e-mail, be sure to state that I gave you permission -- else my co-editor will probably delete your submission unread.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger RL said...

Senor -- it was a concentrated retailation attack for his automated spam reporting -- and the bulk of it happened while we were away and without our laptops, so he didn't realize it was going down.

The new piece of equipment arrived today -- and Chris should be back from Dallas in about an hour -- so it should be taken care of soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home