Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ginsberg: Stinky?

Since when did the National Review start writing about poetry?

Did I ever tell you that during my freshman and sophomore years in college, I had a National Review subscription? Do you know how completely uncool it was to have that publication delivered to my dorm? It was a gift from my uncle. He wanted to keep my mind balanced and felt NR was just the magazine to do it. Apparently all the liberal . . . I don't know . . . rampant ass fucking ? (don't really remember, the 90's, what a blur!) that went on at universities was a big threat to my, um, I don't know, mind? reasoning? soul?

I'm not sure what that subscription saved me from, but 12 years after graduation I'm doing OK and should probably be thankful for the favor.

I mean, hey, look at me now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home