Monday, March 12, 2007

For the Record

I could share my tale of humble beginnings and how I pursued my great American dream, my rise to mommy-blogging/poetry micropress publishing power. But seriously, that shit is pretty boring, at least coming from me -- and probably not especially rare. If you're really interested, buy my biography after I die. I'm sure my biographer (no doubt a very dear friend, the one person who'll visit me in the nursing home) will do a much better job presenting my pulled from bra straps story. I just wish I could be around to pick who plays me in the movie. Let it be stated for the public record, I do not want any descendants of Gwyneth Paltrow playing the role of Reb "Fucking" Livingston. I don't care what my goofy-ass grandchildren claim.

I'm envisioning an actor possessing the qualities of Lucille Ball, Lily Tomlin, Gilda Radner and Diane Keaton.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger shanna said...

"Lucille Ball, Lily Tomlin, Gilda Radner and Diane Keaton"--yep, that sounds about right! ;)

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Apple might be perfect. Being named after a fruit, she might have just the quirky, requisite humor needed to be a bad ass mommy, such as yourself.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Maybe, just maybe, a touch of Gloria Swanson (as in the kitchen photograph): You're definitely ready for a close-up, and of course there's the classic line: "I am big, it's the spatulas that got small."

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Mira Sorvino, Sissy Spacek, Uma Thurman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home