Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Barrelhouse Dave Did Call Me Mouthy on Saturday

Omigod, one summer when I was a teenager, I babysat my little sister and cousin who I totally neglected cause my aunt had MTV at her house which was way more interesting. Every few hours I'd check to make sure they were still alive and to discover what happens when you leave two little kids to their own devices, like smearing mud all over the porch or emptying an entire can of mousse into each other's hair. So every few hours I'd go into this long, loud screaming tirade (I grew up in a house of screamers, don't worry I don't scream anymore, I've worked through all that and now I write boo-hoo you don't love me poems. See, all cured.).

Well, I'd scream at them, they'd scream at me, then each other and then I'd scream at them some more. Anyhow, one time the neighbor came over and yelled about the screaming. He claimed I was disturbing the entire neighborhood or something. I was caught off guard and surprised he said anything.

Anyhow, I'm sure glad I didn't give him the finger or tell him to suck it considering what this article claims about him. I could been the trigger that made Harvey Street go boom.

3 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHMYGOD !!! He was my math teacher when I was at Serra Catholic High School! I was completely freaked out when I heard this rumor a couple of weeks ago! That is so wild he was your neighbor... what a small world.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger RL said...

Bernadette, wow, tiny tiny teeny world.

He wasn't my neighbor, but my aunt's -- I watched her son at her house.

I didn't really know him (other than he was the guy who told me to shut up) -- but my aunt was friends with him.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger peterb said...

This is why talking to people is overrated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home