Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I'm working on my taxes -- NaPoWriMo will resume shortly, when I'm done pulling out my hair.

I'm not sure what happened, but all of a sudden the "you owe" box on TurboTax shot up and quadrupled (and I thought I was done!). After spending several hours going over everything and it all looking correct, I'm having a professional look it over. But I fear we're going to owe a very large sum of money and I think I'm going to have to stand outside the bingo hall and mug some old ladies.

In the end, mugging old ladies is OK -- as long as I finish NaPoWriMo, right?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

anything is permissible- if you write about it- and if you go to jail for mugging old ladies you can actually get a book deal about it, TV appearances and all that-

sounds like a ticket to wealth and notoriety- and more taxes

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

I also used TurboTax and took every deduction I thought I could get away with and still wound up owing $659. Now, I'll be getting $600 from Dubya and Co.'s "tax rebate" and I'm getting a $160 refund from state. So I guess I come out ahead in the end but that sure puts a damper on Dubya's wish to stimulate the economy. All I'm stimulating is the IRS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home