Monday, December 08, 2008

Back! (in bed)

We're back! Well, I'm back. Chris was back, but now he's on a plane to California, probably developing a blot a clot in his leg. I really hate flying and wish we had a better train system. That's my suggestion to fix this ailing economy. Put everyone back to work building a massive, kick-ass train system. Managing the robots, of course. Who wants to get all sweaty pounding rivets? Does one pound rivets? Wow, a few short sentences and already my ignorance on just about everything is exposed. I also propose a superfast train that crosses oceans. Some type of hover train -- or if that's not technically feasible, maybe floatable tracks. Happy Monday! I'm trying to get on American time, cause I'm patriotic and really want this relationship to work out cause everywhere else people talk funny. I woke up before Gideon this morning. Feels like a new dawn. I asked him to crawl into bed with me so we could read books together, but he declined, cause he's working. Maybe on a new train system for Mommy so she never has to board a plane again. He's promised to take care of me because I'm sick. I hope somebody taught him how to make soup while I was away.

I have a long list of things to do this week which includes finishing the No Tell subs, a bunch of galleys, trips to the post office, an ass ton of laundry and about 50 craft projects with Gideon. We're gonna be crapping glitter, that's right, cause all week I'll be cooking with it. I really love the holidays. I just tried to lure Gideon into bed again and now he has to exercise. Geez Louise. Well, I suppose I shouldn't discourage that considering the obesity epidemic. I always wondered who the hell could get away with wearing skinny jeans tucked into boots -- everyone in Europe, that's who!

Now Gideon just gave me a picture with Thomas the Train stickers for my almost birthday. I turn 36 on Rebeccamas. For the past six months it's all I've talked about. He's practically 4 and can't play the age card to get out of giving me presents anymore. Hey, Thomas the TRAIN. Now that's synchronicity for ya! Me and my boy are psychically connected.

Ah, he's finally in bed -- playing Tic Tac Toe on his camera! God bless America!

3 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome home!

and yes, trains!!

(though the word verification is PROJET- hmmm)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Charles said...

I hope you feel better. :)

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Welcome back, Reb. I second the train idea. It's the only civilized way to travel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home