Monday, December 29, 2008

Gideon and I settled into a lazy routine today. After speech therapy we went to the grocery store where I explained why we were buying healthy food instead of more cookies and candy. I think last week's pre-Rebeccamas shopping trip led him to believe times were changing in his favor. I disabused him of that notion. Then we spent the afternoon watching cartoons. It felt good.

Now Gideon's working at his easel. He received all kinds of great art and craft gifts from everyone. Today is mixed media: robot and animal stampers, colored pencils and stickers on recycled printer paper. I tried to capture the moment, but was told "no pictures" and to stand back, that he needed "room to work." Joy, another temperamental artist in the house.

I'm starting to work on my New Years resolutions. Don't worry, I'm not going to waste either of our time with unkeepable resolutions to lose 20 pounds or to quit writing paradelles about fucking the devil. I have every intention of remaining fat and mean in 2009. I'm gonna keep these resolutions real.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Yay, fat and mean. That's my resolution as well.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger mgushuedc said...

Oh, man, now I got to write a whole wagon load of paradelles about being pegged by His Satanic Majesty!

Thanks a bunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home