Thursday, January 22, 2009

And while I inhabit this disturbed state, let me say that I've lost my patience with poets blaming the internet for destroying poetry or discourse. Like we don't come across uninformed assholes in print, on TV, radio, etc on a daily basis. It's like having to listen to some old coot go on about how great the 1950's were and how we've lost our way since then. Sure the Beav was awfully sweet, Dennis a lovable scamp and who doesn't pine for a malt that only costs a nickel? But I hardly think I need to point out that a lot was fucked-up back then. Or wait, maybe I do.

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger DeadMule said...

Sadly, Reb, I think you do.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Marvelous Steve said...

I just discovered the answer to your recurring theme of how to get people to buy poetry (or why people don't) - even poets don't like it! Still, plenty of people do things even just as hobbies rather than to make a living when they hate everything associated with it, so I'm sure I still have a shot at the Nobel Prize for cracking this puzzle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home