Thursday, February 05, 2009

AWP

I'll be in Chicago next week.

On Valentine's Day I'll be reading at the Coconut / MILK reading with Denise Duhamel, Jenny Boully, Susan Wheeler, Daniel Nester, Prageeta Sharma, Gene Tanta, Jen Tynes, Lea Graham, Mirela Ramona Ciupag, Ken Rumble, Gina Myers, Natalie Lyalin, Emily Kendal Frey, Zach Schomburg, Larry Sawyer, Bruce Covey, and others at Myopic Books (1564 N. Milwaukee Ave Chicago, IL 60622).

8:00pm - 10:30pm. Details here.

The rest of the time I'll be running away from you.

Unless you want to buy or review Rebecca Loudon's Cadaver Dogs. If that's the case, I'll shower you with love and undivided attention.

I'll have copies of my book, Your Ten Favorite Words, too. Buy or offer to review that and I'll even laugh at your jokes.

If I strike you as weird, don't take it personally. I'm an empath, just like Deanna Troi. When I show up to AWP I absorb everyone's anxiety, insecurity, stress and rage and internalize it. Unlike Deanna Troi, my body can't process this level of emotional fungus so don't be expecting a hug and don't be giving me any sharp objects.

You should probably be running from me.

6 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, but can you sign a book whilst engaging in the flee-dom? or, when the signee is engaging in another kind of fleeing toward-dom?

ncd

word verifier: "spharo":
as in the bastardization of, the little brother of sappho; to spear, pizza-like, with the intent of poeticism; to sign poetry books whilst fleeing, sharpie mid-air.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger RL said...

I jog in place when I autograph.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet! the sharpie has a low-jog-jostle impact capacity.

*packs your book for chi-town bound romp*

sharpie color preference? i'm thinking red to match the book's pallette. . .

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger RL said...

It would be my honor to sign with your red sharpie.

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Montgomery Maxton said...

Please get Rebecca Loudon to come.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Emily A. Benton said...

ah, Myopic Books is such a great bookstore. Have fun - if that's possible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home