Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm finally getting my hair colored this afternoon. It's needed it since November, but I'm trying to be financially prudent -- that and I was curious as to how much grey I have. Now that I have my answer . . .

I need to figure out what exactly I want my hair to say this time around. My hairdresser specializes in hair that "drips with urban sex appeal" but I live in the suburbs and I'm somebody's mother. I need my hair to be an accurate representative of where I am in my life.

For instance, a couple years ago I asked for my hair to exclaim "Take me seriously, motherfucker!" and recently "I'm gorgeous and you will never have me so go suck on a watermelon."

That was a pretty cute hairdo.

This time I'm thinking something along the lines of transcendence: "I have walked through the fire and will sear your soul with a single glance."

I wonder what that would look like.

3 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger the unreliable narrator said...

"I wonder what that would look like."

One word: Lowlights! ;o)

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I usually just bring a picture and tell the hair stylist "I want this". Maybe I should try your tactic next time.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger RL said...

I like my new color and cut, but I don't think it reaches the level of transcendence. I think it says something along the lines of : "Wipe that smirk off your face before I stick a carrot in your eye."

Why are all my hairdos so aggressive?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home