Sunday, February 15, 2009

Special thank you goes out to Rebecca Loudon who is not at AWP.

She informed me that if I ate a few potato chips before my reading, the oil would coat my throat and allow me to read for several minutes. I had never heard of such a thing. But guess what. It's true. I was able to read. I sounded like I just smoked two packs of cigarettes in ten minutes, but it got the job done.

I was even able to have conversations with people afterwards. During the day I wrote up some canned cards to communicate. Just the basics to help me get by at the book fair.

But that's all in the past now. I had no AWP dreams while I was at AWP. I dreamed of an ocean, a loud television, an intervention, a little girl eating dirt and plants, recycling, finding a map, a school bus, an airplane, a spilled glass of wine and finding my gray bra and underwear in the kitchen of my childhood home.

What a relief.

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Rebecca should not only be president, but surgeon general as well. :) Glad you made it through your reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home