Sunday, March 29, 2009

Don't Forget the Reason for the Season

I'll be celebrating NaPoWriMo here at this blog again this year. I'm doing the authentic, original, true NaPoWriMo, the one created by Maureen Thorson. Don't let the greeting poem industry co-opt our holy month. NaPoWriMo is not a charity! It's a gift. Everyday you come here and I will write you a present. And no, there's no registry, request line or wish list, you take what I write and you like it and you say thank you.

One poem a day. They'll stay up for the entire month of April. I will post audio of some at the Bloof NaPoWriMo celebration along with other poets like Shanna Compton, Danielle Pafunda, Jennifer L. Knox, Anne Boyer, Sandra Simonds, Maureen Thorson and others.

This will be my third year doing NaPoWriMo. For those of you who expressed concerns that putting drafts of poems on a blog means nobody will ever publish them, I should say that so far over 80% of my NaPoWriMo poems are published in magazines (both print and online, some "big" and some "obscure"). Many of the poems from NaPoWriMo will be in my upcoming book, God Damsel.

NaPoWriMo: the feast of poem creation.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger vmh said...

I'm doing the authentic, original, true NaPoWriMo, the one created by Maureen Thorson.

Yes. I'm thinking of it as Old School now.

Vicky

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger jwg said...

Reb,

Got tired of the no blog publishing rule. Saw no reason besides vanity. Am asking for poems first published on a blog for this next issue of past simple. Will see how it plays.

Best,

Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home