Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It was warm yesterday. Last night Chris said it was going to be warm today. I sent Gideon to school dressed as if it was warm. It was not warm. I realized my mistake when we got there and all the other kids had winter coats and hats and Gideon only a hoodie. I dropped him off and then came back with a coat and hat. The preschool office lady told me that by returning with the coat and hat I earned my "good mom" points. So I guess that means I was a crappy mom for only 20 minutes this morning.

I can live with that.

* * *

At last night's reading, during the open-mic portion, I learned about God and drugs and where to score drugs. I was unfamiliar with most of the drugs mentioned, probably because I'm somebody's mother, but TB and TV were there and they're not somebody's mother and were able to explain it all to me.

* * *

After I got my Google phone (in "bronze," which is really fancy talk for brown) I gave Gideon my old pink razr. Now his favorite phrase is "Hello Moto." He says it all the time. I know, how 1999.

We're having an ongoing disagreement about who grew in whose belly. He's quite sure I came from his. So I found his sonogram pictures to show him what he looked like when he lived in my belly. Using his pink razr, he took pictures of the pictures on my laptop screen.

What an old soul.

3 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Yeah, keep up, Reb. You don't want to turn into a Jacqueline Susann character wandering around asking where to score "dolls." ;-)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Ricky Garni said...

I know the feeling. When my son was born, I made it quite clear that I was officially cool no longer and that I could no longer by compelled by society to have the slightest bit of insider information on subculture or all matters sub rosa.

Then I was told that I wasn't cool to begin with, so that was that. Phew. That was a relief. Did wonder why I wasn't though.

But then I realized, after all, have you ever met a cool person who used the term 'sub rosa'? I mean, a cool agnostic?

And that's just the beginning.

Crispy

PS I think "dolls" will have a comeback. And if they already have, I offer the reasons stated above as evidence why I didn't know.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Emily A. Benton said...

i used the term "sub rosa" in the first poem i ever wrote as an adult (age 19).

I guess that was the day I lost my coolness.

but really, that was probably already apparent since i was still a virgin! hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home