Sunday, April 24, 2005

Panel

Saturday's panel covered an interesting hodge podge of topics. Basically, if it was on the Internet, we touched on it. Aside from discussing our own sites, the conversation briefly turned to Foetry and the 100 million dollars Poetry received, but we never strayed too long because the Happy Booker was moderating and she's a captain that stays on course. Most of the questions were pretty basic, how does one go about getting a blog, how does one make money (hah hah), etc. I kind of wished we spent more time explaining the difference between blogs and literary journals because judging by some of the questions some folks were confusing the two. But it was fun and I was amazed that 30+ people were willing to attend a panel at 9:30 a.m. on a Saturday.

When I got home that afternoon Chris and Gideon were still out (the last baby massage class and afterwards visiting a friend). So what did I do during those precious childfree hours? Did I write a poem? Did I read submissions? Did I clean the rat nest my home has become? Nope. I went to sleep. If I had to do it all over again, I'd do the same thing.

P.S. Rebecca, I bought two pairs of shoes at Kenneth Cole, this pair in blue and a pair of purple and black suede wedges that aren't on the site yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home