Monday, May 31, 2004

Feeding the Esquires

TB corrected me, pointing out that they're not technically esquires until they pass the bar. I thought that was what made them lawyers, I thought esquire came after law school. But what do I know? I have an MFA.

Anyhoo, TB and Alex (sister-in-law) were over today for our small family Memorial Day BBQ. It was raining, so we had to have it indoors.

Below are some pictures (including what we served -- I thought Tony might appreciate that). Speaking of Tony, I'm in the middle of reading his manuscript, lucky error, which is striking me as merciful and generous, a little like Amy Gerstler's poems. I'm liking them, so far.



Alex


Tender Buttons


Why am I folding laundry? Because I had to empty my dryer so TB could make use of it. I'm starting to think that's the only reason she ever visits.


Chris


Beef Kabobs


Rose-Shaped Chocolate Cupcakes

4 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

Reb--

Thanks for the photos. The kabobs look nice, but I'd have to request mine without mushrooms. I have a fatal allergy. Or I just don't like them. I'd rather have mayonnaise.

If my ms. is "merciful" and "generous" yours is somewhat merciless, disturbing, and overall, a pretty interesting ride. The poems attract and repel with equal force. And some of them are simply lovely despite the surface grit. I should introduce you to my friend/co-editor Nick. I think you're kindred poetry souls. (though he would frown at your Dean Young reference...)

I'll backchannel a more generous review soon.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

Wait-- those aren't mushrooms...they're onions! I'll take mine with extra onions.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger RL said...

Damn straight those are onions. I'm anti-mushroom too.

Looking forward to your review. Still reading yours. I was goofing off this weekend.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came for the beef, not the facilities.

Bigger is better!

TB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home