Saturday, June 05, 2004

Some People

This past week, yesterday especially, has been a steady slew of other people's problems. Telephone calls, e-mails and late dinnertime conversations. The stars must be working overtime and sending them my way. I'm not complaining, but by yesterday evening I was exhausted. Chris and I went out for drinks before dinner (something we usually don't do with just the two of us). Hell, I even turned down a last-minute trip to the nickel slots with the in-laws to stick around and offer consolation about layoffs. OK karma police, I've been on good behavior.


Here's a hint for all you folks with books coming out, if I mention that I'd like to write a review, be sure to send me a copy. Don't do nothing and make me go on Amazon and get it. How many reviews do you think most poetry books get? I know I'm not writing for the New York Times but NewPages gets thousands of readers. It's an opportunity. So help yourself out. Sure, I will buy it, I buy lots of books. But there's something about making a girl feel special that would work in your review favor. Someone should post that on Foetry. "Books sent with endearing inscriptions induce stellar reviews. Unfair!"

3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

Damn straight. Don't worry, Reb. When I ask you to review my book for a bigtime journal/website/whatever, I'll send you a copy AND a decoder ring.

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's wrong with ham? Is it just ham or all swine-related delights?
Next time, I'll swap yours for my peas.

---Uncle Marty

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger RL said...

Hi Marty! I generally avoid pork. If there's a strip of bacon on a sandwich, I might eat that and occasionally I'll eat a hot dog, but I don't like ham, pork roasts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home