Thursday, July 01, 2004

Need More Ambition

Today I realized two things: 1. My problem is that my life lacks sexual scandal. 2. If I were to be involved in some kind of sexual scandal, it would be highly doubtful that I'd blog about it.

So I have no reason to be jealous of this. Cause I'm, like, so above it, right? Or at the very least, I'm too discrete.

According to Wonkette, D.C.'s own Washingtoneinne is getting a 300k book advance to write about her sexual exploits (i.e. ass fucking) with married congressional staffers, other gnarly geezers and the blog induced fallout.

Hey, did I mention that Manic D Press sent me $10 for my poem in their anthology? That's kind of like a 300k advance.

While I was up at Bennington a couple weeks ago I was chatting with one of the new faculty members. I've heard from several sources that if you teach both semesters, the pay is roughly 20k a year. So all the faculty have additional gigs (teaching, editing, etc.). I kept asking this new guy, so what do you do besides Bennington? He gave me a funny look and started talking about his book and essays. I asked him again, what was his other job? Then it occurred to me, this guy wasn't a poet, he writes nonfiction and journalism. He gets paid to write. Duh!

6 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what are the rules on the ads? Do I have to click around the sites, or stay there a certain amount of time or anything? Help me, help you, get paid.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger RL said...

Thank you for helping me get paid. I believe you just need to click on the ads.

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, that will speed that up for me. Sorry I can't do more, but I'm not into the anal, especially not for $400.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Censorship! I guess Anonymous has to take it though. :)

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger RL said...

Somebody has to keep the order around here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home