Thursday, October 14, 2004

I'm Gonna Sit at the Welcome Table

Sam, Chris and I are dealing with our losses and letting the healing love begin. Tony, I lost all of your wonderful critiques of my manuscript! My mother's latest suggestion for baby names I'd never consider -- poof! Oh little Trevor, Caden, I never knew ye and ye never had a chance, even my mail server didn't like your sound. Ah, but I still have the e-mail from my very good friend who called my editorial direction of No Tell "superficial and posuerish" and the poems published there as "short, hip, empty of calorie." Oh, don't get too outraged, he apologized (after I tore through his sincere ass with my phony fist) and I plan to forgive him, soon, very soon. Oh love is in the air, like a microscopic parasite set on infesting one's liver. We can't run, we can't hide, so let's just breath in all that nasty stuff and play house together. What do they say? We're sent what we need, not what we desire.

I appear to be getting my e-mail, but if you have sent me a message and it bounced or you get an error message, please let me know here. Or better yet, forward the e-mail with the error message to cecilpopanski (at) hotmail (dot) com so I can ask Chris to figure out the problem. Now you know one of my many evil identities. Shhh, don't tell anyone. Cecil has cultivated quite a few enemies out there.

Mmmm, forbidden Halloween candy. You know, you got to buy it before the grocery store sells out. Don't want to let the kids down. They just better get here before it's all gone.

11 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Abulsme said...

My broken toe is healing, although it still feels like I actually broke the whole foot and dipped it in acid. I hope Chris's legs will grow back quickly and will not be too deformed. And your arm too Rebecca. Soon all of our appendages will hopefully be back in action, although they never do grow back quite the same as the originals. Perhaps they will even be better. Personally, I'm hoping for prehensile toes.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger RL said...

You read that post? It was only up for about five minutes. I put it up, saw your post and thought better.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Abulsme said...

I saw it on the RSS feed. My reader checked your site and the headline and first four lines or so were thus known to my RSS reader and are just kept locally on my computer. I could see it was gone from the real site though, so I figured you had decided not to put that up. So I decided to stifle my initial reaction, having just finished posting my apology, and just say nothing. Until I decided to alude to it today. But I am in a much better mood today, so the response probably has a different tone than it would have yesterday. :-)

By the way, is this posting the first mention (idirect as it is) of Gigantor Jr. on your blog?

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger RL said...

There's a whole lot of stifling going on. And to answer your question, yes. You got to ease people into this kind of thing, else they just call you a liar and make rude comments at your expense.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Abulsme said...

Figured you had removed it that is. I didn't think the RSS would include a draft. :-) I wish blogger would let you edit comments to fix minor errors you see later! :-)

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Abulsme said...

Stifling is often a good thing in such situations. The things that come to mind right in the middle of things are often not the same as what one would decide to say once a little time has passed. Go stifling and repression of emotion!

What would Spock say?

And let me be the first to suggest Moe Max. I like alliteration. And if you just call him 3M, you might be able to finagle a life time supply of Post-It Notes(TM).

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger RL said...

Chris actually liked Oedipus Rex -- until I reminded him of the story and the play we saw years ago at the Kennedy Center.

Although I agree with TB, "Rex" is sexy! I want to do whatever I can to help this kid get as much tail as possible.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhere someone is sitting wishing they had a mother who would make bad name choices for them.

 
At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Valmont DuBone? I sometimes use that alias west of the Mississippi, but would gladly donate it to this good cause.

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger RL said...

That's better than someone sitting around wishing they had Al to make bad baby name choices for them!

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, are you laughing with me or at me?

How about Chachi or Gordon Shumway? Scrappy Doo? Stinky Smurf? How about Jermajesty?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home