Sunday, December 12, 2004

One of Those Afternoons

This past week I've come across at least five publicity pictures of poets posed holding their opened books as if they were lounging around reading them.

I am bothered by this. I won't explain.

I'll say this: I'm reminded of fakies. You know, bra stuffers. I've been told the correct term is "falsies," but I like the sound of fakies. False implies an untruth. It can be difficult to spot false. Fake implies articificialness. Fake is obvious.

Contemporary poets need more photographer pals. For 2005 let's all resolve on keeping up appearances.

I won't elaborate further.

3 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to become a multimedia poet like that guy in So I Married An Axe Murderer. He only worked like two minutes a day. What a great life!

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Charles said...

My sexy bf is a photography god, and all the sample author photos he took of me look like b & w marketing shots for American Eagle Outfitters. My old blog photo was one of them. But I have new hair now, so I'm thinking I need a new set. Because, you know, maybe I'll actually need a photo of me sometime....for more than my blog...

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger RL said...

I got a whole bunch of photographs taken by a photographer pal in July -- hopefully I'll find a non-blog, non-friendster use for one while I still remotely resemble them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home