Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Collab

I got the OK from T-Rob to post our first collaborative poem. I'm not sure if he likes it, but I do.

Whatnot Tribute

Should have kissed your knee cap instead of calling
My nurse, my pretty little bump, my special hump in the front

On the porch swing with my triple beam, weighing up grams,
Should have kissed your pretty place, all pinked

And succotashed, all flush and livermashed, all knowing
And albeit nevermine, nevermine, nevermind

Don't undermine my serial slump, my frequent melancholic
Piece of vitriol, my affection for your birthmarked heart

It's a ruse, a rooskie in a flea market peddling pins that I
Sink into a pretty cloth doll, she resembles you, all hushed

And trammeled, trampling your foes with a straight flush,
Chasing the poker boys back to the blow-hole

The sink-hole, the deep bowl, the spin till spun
Spun till span, it's your hand grazing, steam hazing

And the final lazy bastards who stole all your Purina--If
It's difficult to forgive it's probably worth crossing over.

Sestina! That's what I forgot to write for you, see I'm
Blushing. I'm so sorry, so sorry, so sodden and Gomorrah.

3 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I hope Tony is not so sad anymore. This poem shows what a good heart both of you have. It is a sad funny heart that will be okay.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger RL said...

We took turns writing couplets until Tony said it was done. :)

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Anthony Robinson said...

This is a sad funny good-hearted poem. Good job Reb and Me!

Thanks Didi.

Peace,
Tony

 

Post a Comment

<< Home