Thursday, July 07, 2005

What's Happening Around Town (and in some way involves me)

James Wagner has recently changed the format of Esther Press to a poem-a-day. Can there be too many poem-a-day sites? No, I don't think so. There's lots of ways to do it. James is doing new poems. This week he's published poems by Michael Burkard, Sheila E. Murphy and Norma Cole. One of my poems will be featured on Friday. I'll remind you.

MiPOradio has a promo podcast of its upcoming debut. What's nice about this is that you can hear how "MiPOesia" is supposed to be pronounced. You laugh, but I've heard about 4 different variations followed by "I guess that's how you say it." Now you can listen and find out. For one of their shows, I recorded my poem "That's Not Butter" and gave a very dippy interview. Birdie promised that she would edit it and make it sound fabulous. She'll need super-editor skills to pull that off. I really need to lay off the bong before giving interviews.

"Crucial Rooster" will appear at The Happy Booker on Friday. I'll be sending shout-outs to three new books. You'll have to read it to find out which three books. Unfortunately my column writing requires me to lay on the bong.

Apologies to follow on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home