Friday, September 09, 2005

Thanks for Memories

Last month my UPS delivery man handed to everyone on his route a bittersweet letter stating that he was retiring. I had never given it much thought before, but immediately realized that I was going to miss him. The only man to see me in my pajamas more has been Chris. We get a lot of deliveries at the Livingston-Morrow abode and the UPS man, whose name I never knew until I read the letter, was a regular part of our daily life.

So imagine my happiness when he had a delivery for us today, his last day on the job. I wished him the best in the next phase of his life. He gave me a hug. While we hugged I thought "Geez, I wish I had showered and brushed my teeth." I closed the door and looked in the mirror and thought "Or at the very least wiped the baby vomit off my shoulder before answering the door."

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Heh, I answered the door in my pajamas the other day. The UPS man did glance twice. I felt a bit bad for him but then figured he sees women in all kinds of dress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home