Thursday, October 27, 2005

Adult Interaction

This afternoon I gave Gideon a bath and said "Now you smell very nice, too bad I'm the only one around to appreciate it."

He replied "Mother, please take a shower too. I've been suffering you all week."

To that I snapped, "Like I'm going to waste all that water and soap just for your benefit, baby. You're one to talk, every day it's the same game: 'Where's the funky smell in the nursery coming from?' Could it be the crib? The diaper champ? The changing pad? The hamper? Or did you manage to take a whizz on the curtains when I wasn't looking?"

Ahem. See, Chris has been away all week at a conference in California and this is how Gideon and I get when it's just the two of us for an extended period of time.

I decided perhaps the cure for our malaise would be a little adult interaction and e-mailed Phatback to see if he and the Mrs. would join us for dinner this evening. One needs to be careful when using the word "adult" around Phatback, else he might get a totally different idea. Suburban couples can be kind of freaky.

3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I heard jobs were being handed out...

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I mention I'm staying across the street from the Vivid Entertainment HQ?

http://www.vivid.com

not that I've been sitting outfront with my poporatzzi camera or anything...

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you see Monique Alexander, tell her Phatback says "Hey".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home