Saturday, April 15, 2006

Things Are Looking Up!

E-filed our taxes last night (and it wasn't nearly as terrible as I first figured) and today got a surprise complimentary copy of Jim Goar's new chap Whole Milk (cream paper, orange ink) from effing press.

I know this really isn't news, but effing makes gorgeous chapbooks.

Tomorrow is Easter dinner at Tender Buttons. I'm going to focus a little on my own sensitivity training. At last year's dinner I kind of killed the moment when I told an innappropriate Jesus joke to her devout Catholic boyfriend. Well, it's a new year and TB has a new man with a different religion and I already told him the bad joke to get that out of the way -- so we're all growing, I think.

5 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Radish King said...

Was it the joke about Jesus seeing his shadow and there being six more weeks of winter? That's my favorite.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger RL said...

No, it was the one that goes:

Know a shitty way to spend Easter?

After they say they don't, you put your arms up like you're being crucified and make a pained expression.


After TB's ex got over his initial anger, he explained to me that Jesus wasn't crucified on Easter.

I'm the girl you want at YOUR party!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

screw easter-

My christmas tree is still up. I amy leave it at this point.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger RL said...

Now THAT'S sacrilege!

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Radish King said...

HHAHAHAHAAA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home