Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Blogs and online journals get a little love here. Scroll down, it's after the talk of Gioia and Hall and poetry mattering.

You know, it's kind of amazing that Gioia book had to be reprinted. I read it as a grad student. I liked the essay on Weldon Kees -- but the "Can it Matter" essay? -- it's kind of a shame how one gets his "foot in the door" so to speak -- can't we spur change without being such assholes?

Sorry, I must be slipping into mom-mode here -- giving some bizarre "let others learn from your good example" advice. You know, I was in line at one of those restaurants where they give your food on a tray and the young man behind me didn't get a tray and realized he was screwed when he got to the register with a bowl of soup on one hand and a bowl of something equally messy in the other. He had no way of getting to his wallet because the counter slats were not flat enough to set something small on. So I got him a tray, of course, and girl at the registered remarked (after watching me situate Gideon and his stroller and a high chair) how "busy" I was.

Ok, it's not amazing -- neither the book sales or my tale of dinner. Not even noteworthy. Keep moving. No point here.

I don't know, didn't somebody once say, "Everybody loves a clown"?

What am I talking about?

That's what I'm talking about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home