Saturday, February 17, 2007

Navigate Reviewed at Horse Less

Read entire review here

"A passage in the final poem lets all the voices and intentions of this narration collide:

I want to tell you how it felt
falling and knowing
what a bad idea it was
to have decided against the parachutes

ha ha

She truly wants to show this, and it is through the spirit of discovery just as much as loneliness, anger, loss. The joke is both a joke and not, the missing parachutes only a bad idea on one side of the punch line, which is itself a memory. I realize now that I haven't mentioned the author's name once, but Loudon has been buzzing and ghosting these poems the whole time, considering the "fly girls" to whom the book is dedicated, making this personal, and I imagine these final lines are no different. I know how it feels."

-Jen Tynes

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home