Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mr. Rumble Goes to Washington

We went to the Ken Rumble reading at the Pyramid Atlantic this evening. Now this was a Ken Rumble reading and we ate Mexican beforehand, so I needed to freshen my normally so-sweet breath. At the nearby Safeway I picked up a tiny tin of Altoids and pulled a dollar out of my wallet. See, I'm such an old lady I thought I could buy mints for a dollar. Not even close: $2.40.

Kaplan and Mel introduce the readers.




"Look into my eyes and buy my book, said the author of Key Bridge"


Susan Tichy, C.S. Giscombe and Ken Rumble


Another romantic Saturday night poetry reading.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Paul said...

What's your husband think of poetry/poets/readings, all that?

I mean, clearly he can't be too opposed, being married to a poet. But you're hot, so that makes up for it.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger RL said...

Oh Paul, I'm blushing. Is it my beauty that draws him in . . . or . . . my poet rage that frightens him from complaining?

I only bring him along to a few readings a year -- it evens the scales -- you have no idea how many terrible B sci-fi movies I endure over the course of a year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home