Wednesday, May 02, 2007

So I'm having one of those contemplative "how I'm letting the world ruin my boy" days. For instance, his expectations are already way too high. As soon as we walk into a restaurant he's scoping out three things he now considers necessary for a successful dining experience: crayons, balloons and after-dinner mints. Virtually every restaurant around here provides all those things -- even the less family-oriented establishments, especially the less family-oriented establishments (they want your kid to keep quiet). As soon as we walk into a restaurant I'm already putting my foot down, no mint until you eat your dinner young man! and of course I have to bite the mint in half else his shirt will be coated with a thick pepperminty drool. Even when we manage to divert his attention from the bundle of balloons, the waitstaff brings one to our table. My living room is a fading balloon hospice, although today I put four suffering fuckers out of their misery -- with a steak knife!

It's almost enough to make me cook more at home. Almost.

I'm a bad mommy blogger. Cha cha cha.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger C. Dale said...

I love it! Balloons beware. Reb has got a steak knife!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home