Tuesday, November 06, 2007

So my furnace is still not fixed. It's not incredibly cold here yet, but Gideon's room is nippy in the mornings and I'm not putting a space heater overnight with an unsupervised toddler. I called the furnace people on Tuesday, repairman came on Wednesday, said he needed to order a part and it would be in on Thursday. Late Thursday morning I called, the part wasn't in yet, but they could do it on Friday. I told them I was out-of-town all weekend, so we scheduled a Monday appointment 4-7 p.m. Monday at 6:30 p.m. no repairman, so I called to make sure they were still coming. Turned out someone rescheduled the appointment for Saturday (when I wasn't home), but the manager could come at 9 p.m. Fine, as long as he comes, I said. At 9:30 p.m. he called and told me he's stuck working on another furnace and wouldn't be able to make it, but he could come at 1 p.m. on Tuesday. Fine, as long as you come, I told him. Today he called at 3:30 p.m. and said he'll be there around 6 p.m. Fine, ruin my dinner hour, but as long as you come. Well, he did come, with the wrong part, which he assured me is a mistake on the factory's end, not his incompetent company's end. They'll call me tomorrow.

And to make matter worse, I found two fleas in Gideon's hair today. That's right, fleas! When we got home on Sunday I noticed that our indoor-only cat spent a lot of the weekend sleeping on his bed and I found a flea on the chaise lounge (another frequent spot of hers). I guess a flea got into the house somehow, found her and now they're hatching. Spent the whole morning giving everyone baths, doing laundry and vacuuming, but it looks like I'll have to flea bomb the house too.

I have no heat and fleas. How are you?

6 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yes you will have to do the bomb. otherwise you will soon see little bites on gid.

d.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

We had a horrible flea situation when Jack was an infant. We ended up using Borax to get rid of the fleas instead of bombing. (I was worried about the fumes and the baby) I remember that we sprinkled it all over the place floors and furniture, but can't remember all the details -- I'm sure that I found the Borax treatment online though. Good luck and hope you get warm soon.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger RL said...

Suzanne, I'll look into that. Thanks.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger shanna said...

my (rental appartment) dryer is broken and my landlord is crazy. but that's not as bad as no heat and fleas. my sympathies.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Jim K. said...

Long ago, I had to finally bomb,
with that stuff with
growth regulator. And dust
the shrubs outside with Sevin.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Talia Reed said...

I have 2 outdoor-indoor cats and a chihuahua and we deal with fleas often. Don't buy anything from a regular store. Go to a Vet and get some "Knock Out" in a can. You can just spray it around the house, rather than bomb. Plus, the cat will need some Frontline or Advantix...from the vet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home