Saturday, October 04, 2008

I don't really know anything about NetGalley, but Lytton Smith writes about what sounds like an unnecessary $400 fee here.

Also, Lulu recently announced that the cost of making books is going to go up (they say because materials are more expensive now, seems like everything is more expensive now). I haven't been able to figure out how much it's going to go up for No Tell's titles -- but I assume this is going to cut into our royalties and raise the cost of author/review copies for the press. I'm hoping the increase isn't so much that I have to raise the price of the books.

So if you were planning on buying any No Tell titles in the near future, please do so before October 28 when the new costs go into effect and our royalties shrink.

2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Well, that sucks.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Reen said...

The cost of paper has been going up for a couple of years. I'm not sure why this is, but it has been affecting all kinds of paper-using industries (oh the things you learn as an international trade lawyer).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home