Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Letter to Sam

Yeah, I never painted a pumpkin with you either, etc. You see where this is going.

Recently I had a conversation about how opposites were once the same thing before they split and became opposites. The goal is not to pick a side, but to balance the two, let the two's strengths offset one another's weaknesses. The person I was speaking with brought up the play Wicked as an example. You gave me the book as a gift years ago. I never read it because it was a novel and I'm better than that. Hearing this person describe it made me feel like I missed an important opportunity. Then I remembered that I still have the book and I still know how to read. It's never too late, Sam.

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Abulsme said...

You weren't there when we carved pumpkins at Ivan's apartment? I guess we didn't paint them though. I've never painted a pumpkin. I've carved a watermelon though. It was cool sitting next to our pumpkins. It rotted a lot faster afterwords though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home