Wednesday, December 10, 2008

There's a local radio station that every year starting on the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Day changes its format to all Christmas music, 24/7. I imagine this annoys many people, but it delights me and probably a number of other holiday freaks. I'm trying to initiate Gideon into my tribe by introducing him to the many wonderful renditions of carols. Yesterday on the drive to school "Little Drummer Boy" (best guess circa 1960's) came on. I turned it up and was all pa rum pum pum pum and Gideon was all It's too loud! Turn it down! So I yelled If it's too loud, you're too old!

Kind of loses its oomph when you say it to a 3 year old.

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Charles said...

I want you to write a parenting book.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Annandale Dream Gazette said...

Yes! That is a great idea, Charles. A parenting book for poets. ...a niche market, for sure, but still--it would be a great book!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Emily A. Benton said...

hahahaa I am right there with you!

imagine what Little Drummer Boy would sound like if you had a pimped out speaker/bass system in your car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home