Friday, January 23, 2009

Clarification

My post yesterday about the internets ruining poetry was not a response to Rebecca Loudon's recent statement on her poetry blog:

"I think the Internet is the worst thing that has happened to poetry since they opened Robert Schumann’s casket and found his head gone missing."


Now of course I disagree with the literal interpretation of that statement, especially considering that I came to know both Rebecca and her poetry via the internet.

But I believe that to be the single most beautiful sentence ever posted on a poetry blog.

And I never challenge Rebecca, unless it involves the Superbowl, and that's just a regional/tribal thing. I don't give a crap about competitive sports.

Speaking of the Superbowl, if you're a Steelers fan, my cousin Christopher designed these shirts and so far he's sold about a trillion.

I hope he becomes very wealthy and uses the money to save poetry.

1 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger the unreliable narrator said...

I too am an admiring fan of this sentence, and can't wait for the next opportunity to declare something, preferably a head, "gone missing."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home