Thursday, April 29, 2004

What I'm Reading Now

Border of a Dream: Selected Poems by Antonio Machado translated by Willis Barnstone (Copper Canyon Press).

Last lines of "From sea to sea between us is the war"

The war has cut a trench between our love.
Here is death's agony: sterile shadow
of a high fire and the dreamed honey of

a love that came to us in life too late
Our love's hopeless blossom on a bough
that now has felt the ax's flozen blade.


From "Songs"

3
Spring has come.
No one knows how.


From Proverbs and Songs

6
Out of what people call
virtue, justice and goodness to all,
one half of it is envy
and the other isn't charity. . .


. . . 21
Last night I dreamed I saw
God, and was talking to God,
and dreamed that God heard me.
Then I dreamed I was dreaming.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Reliance Jio Agent said...

Very nice article, happy diwali :)

online Astrolabh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home