Friday, December 17, 2004

On the Last Days of Rebeccamas

In this house on December 25th we celebrate Rebeccamas. I turn 32. That kind of bums me out -- I like the number 31. It's a cool number. It suits me. It's what I always play in roulette. 32, well, 32 doesn't do much for me. It's just a number like any other.

Been keeping busy with home renovations and managing No Tell See, I want to schedule and program all the content until the end of March by the end of January (hopefully sooner). We'll see if I'm able to accomplish that.

As for the home stuff, hah hah, Weds night Chris and I were moving everything downstair so the carpet guys could install our carpets Thursday. Chris managed to hurt his foot pretty badly on the stairs. I thought he had broken it the way he was walking, but it turns out to be a bad sprain. The carpet is down and his sister came by and helped up move most of the stuff back up the steps. Tonight we finish the nursery and stencil.

The rest of the weekend Chris will be installing the vanity in our bedroom. I caused some marital discord by calling up his mother's handyman and seeing if he could do it. Apparently Chris really wants to install the vanity himself. I'm worried about time. So we agreed that the handy man would only install the second vanity in the guest bathroom (which I'm pretty sure Chris won't have time to do before Christmas Eve when my dad arrives).

Note to all you potential homewreckers who wish to publicly support Chris on his quest to do all the work himself. Back off! I'm in a very delicate condition right now and cannot handle the competition. There is no time for him to dally on dreams of what it might be like to be with someone who understands or even appreciates him. Or someone who won't rabbit punch him while he sleeps.

This whole week I've been walking around the house muttering and quoting Norm MacDonald:

"Happy Birthday, Jesus. I hope you like crap!"

7 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger RL said...

It's my BIRTHDAY!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Zachary Schomburg said...

Happy Rebeccamas.

I wanted to tell you that I say "Happy Birthday Jesus! I hope you like crap" everytime someone brings Kenny G into a conversation. It's all I know to say.

Fav SNL anchor: N-Mac
Least fav SNL anchor: Colin Quinn

Yrs,
Assistant Crack Whore

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Heidi Lynn Staples said...

reb, hey howdy and many continued conbabyelations to ye! as i see it from here, ye is queen of everything, and if ye say chris no do vanity, then chris no do! special woman trick to say how wonderful and wow what he does do be and then a quick sneak a bit of handyman business on the sly. he'll get over it. plus, there's always plenty more to do! official word to husbands, 'tis a matter of expediency! not skill, of course! husbands everywhere wonderfully talented and has a real knack and all that other stroke the egoness necessary of it all. in the meantime, this is not time for exploration and hmmm, maybe i'll try, tis time for getting place all cozy and parfait for new babe of ye! tho' yes, chris seems sweetness from here in his determined effort to be the handyman papa who did make the fine nest.

many pictures of your soon-to-the-world loveliness anticipated!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger RL said...

Finally, someone who understands ME! Heidi, if I was as flighty as Chris I'd be proposing to YOU right now.

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would note that the vanity in the master bath is done. I think there might even be some pictures available shortly.

NOTE TO HOME-DIYers: 6 feet of 'marblux' is damned heavy.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Radish King said...

Oddly enough, we too, celebrate Rebeccamas.
Rebecca Loudon

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger RL said...

Rebeccamas is the most wonderful time of the year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home