Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Lock Away Your Daughters

I'm on the prowl again this evening. Meow. No blog is safe.

Hopefully I'll get something finished before I'm whisked away. My doctor thinks it's very likely I'll be giving birth soon (like in the next few days). Of course it's difficult to say for sure. Medical science says the 14th. I dreamed it would be the 4th, my astrologer said the 9th, my two friends born today are hoping for the 2nd.

Hearing the doc's prediction threw me in a tizzy so this morning I got my hair and nails done so Gideon's first impression of his mother won't be too grubby. I'd hate to someday overhear him saying, "Gosh, I love my mom but if I ever had to see her in a bikini . . ." (followed by a shiver). You know, kids say those darnest things.

Tender Buttons came by this afternoon with cookies and vacuumed my stairs (since I'm not doing so well in the bending department). She gave Gideon a lamb rattle and WVU socks. I gave her one last glimpse of my belly.

5 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger early hours of sky said...

My daughter was born the 9th of this month. She does say the most amazing things. She asked me yesterday why she had a human body and not a bird body. Who knows? Anyway good kids are born in February and if not, well you can always push him back in.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger shanna said...

well, we'll be thinking about you, whatever day it is! go reb! go gideon!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Whoohoo! Go Rebecca and Gideon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. J and I got to see our little 'peanut' today and he/she is *so cute* (I never really believe it, until I see it.) I'm excited for you, Reb.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger RL said...

So is everyone knocked up these days? :)

Gideon will definitely be February -- I'll be induced on the 16th if he doesn't come on his own before that.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Hi Rebecca:
I enjoy reading your posts. You have a great sense of humor, which will SO come in handy as a mom!

The next full moon isn't until February 24th. All my midwife friends swear that deliveries tend to cluster around full moons. (We have betting pools at work, where whomever is closest to guessing the correct delivery date and birthweight wins the pot. The midwives always win. Always. The docs are never right.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home