Thursday, January 27, 2005

I Gots Dees Ideas

In my typical fashion, over the past 36 hours or so I've been coming up with all these ideas on new projects and expansions on current projects. I say typical fashion because these are all things I won't be able to embark on until March or more than likely, later than that. I never come up with these things when I have the time on hand. I'm trying to write all this stuff down so I don't forget, pitch it to the appropriate folks (if necessary) with the two months or later down the road caveat. In two months I'll surely be cursing myself for getting into this mess. Let's see, what does my Feburary numerology report say:

February is a 1 Personal Month in an 8 Personal Year. Now things begin to speed up. Unlike last month, you now feel full of energy and enthusiasm. In fact, you're impatient to start new projects, and must guard against impulsive decisions.

Yep, I'm going to be cursing myself.

I decided I'm still going to make our birth announcements myself, but I'm not going to be nutty about it. I originally had plans of painting Gideon's foot and making prints on pieces of blue oak tag and stenciling the lettering, maybe use some ribbon to tie on transparent paper. Once I put the punch down I realized I'm going to be in no mood to do that and I'd just be inviting post-partum psychosis. I'm not Martha Stewart and I need more than 3 hours of sleep. Painting a newborn? Yeah, looks cool on TV. I'm going to buy some do-it-yourself stationary and use my new printer. The announcement will be nice, but won't win any awards, but honestly people don't seem to appreciate that shit anyway. Every year I spend hours decorating a beautiful Christmas wreath for our front door. Nobody ever says a damn thing. Last month during my Christmas preparation meltdown, I bought a crummy little wreath at the grocery store, tied on three santa ornaments and hung it up. I was ashamed, it was pathetic and lacked all the love and spirit of my previous wreaths. I mentioned it to TB and she laughed, "Nobody cares! It's a wreath!"

Is it bad etiquette to include the shower thank you notes with the birth announcements? I still have to write at least 60. Yes, I know, I'm appalled with myself too.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am interested in your blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home