Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Unknown Poetry Collection of Charles A. Livingston?

This evening I received an unusual e-mail from a woman named Traci inquiring about my grandfather (died 1976). She was rummaging through a box on its way to her mother's yard sale and found a poetry book entitled Palingenesia by Charles A. Livingston. She did a google search, found my blog entry with two of his poems and thought the writing style similar. She very thoughtfully wrote me and offered to send the book.

I have no knowledge of him ever writing a book and kind of doubt it is him, but judging by the 1940 copyright it is possible and of course I am quite interested in seeing for myself.

See Daddy, yet another SCORE for my "diary to the world."

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger shanna said...

How cool!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jim Maughn said...

I was intrigued by this, so I did a search at ABEBooks. There's another by the same author called, "The Sacred Quest". Also poetry, possibly part of the same series as the other book. It's signed, so maybe you'd recognize your grandfather's signature...

Sincerely,

Jim Maughn

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger RL said...

Hi Jim. Yeah, my sister stumbled across that one too. The books haven't arrived yet and I realize it's a pretty remote chance its him, but family mysteries are fun! A few unknown things from his life before my grandmother have surfaced, so who knows. My father does have his signature and the books are signed, we'll be comparing.

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these kinds of things! Do let us know what you find out!

William

 

Post a Comment

<< Home