Saturday, October 01, 2005

Giftless in Richmond

Richmond is nothing like it seemed all the times I drove past it on 95. It's both beautiful and charming.

You are a bundle of energy always on the go.

That's what was in the fortune cookie I just ate. I also just had a banana. Am I raiding the mini-bar in my hotel room? No, I am not. I am raiding the goodie bag Caroline, the moderator of tomorrow's blogging panel, gave me this evening after she had me (and a number of other writers and friends) over her lovely home for dinner. What did I bring I her? Absolutely nothing. I'm a total ass. Did I mention Caroline picked me up from my hotel?

Patty Smith and Nathan Long drove me back to my hotel. I didn't have any gifts for them either.

Later in the evening I met up with Ron for drinks at the super swank Jefferson. I joined him and Dr. Rosalind Miles, historian Robin Cross and David L. Robbins. Ron bought me a drink. I bought him nothing.

15 18 23 37 42. 19

4 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Peabody mentions you and the Beatrice guy in the latest miporadio....

d.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

s'okay- just because it's Virginia doens't mean you have to gift everybody- I enjoyed meeting you in person and discussing the state of poetry (or something like that).

Shann Palmer
Support Your Local Poets!
FlashPaperPoetry
http://groups.msn.com/FlashPaperPoetry

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger RL said...

Shann, it was great to finally meet you!

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gift was your presence, which was what we wanted most. Come see us again in the River City!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home