Monday, January 09, 2006

It Saves Time, Really!

Amy King writes:

"Okay, so I’ve actively avoided all of this talk about “feeds” and “subscribing to keywords” and the like for awhile now. But it seems, according to Didi, that it is advantageous to remedy my ignorance because they’ve got these websites that watch out for news I might be interested in. For instance, I would like to know when so-and-so has new work out, or I could be informed of the latest update on a favorite news source. The possibilities, it seems, are endless. I think Reb has a subscription to something like a hundred plus feeds. “How can she keep up?” one might ask."

I spend a lot less time on blogs while reading more once I got the latest version of Safari (with a built-in RSS feeder). I don't have to keep clicking on blogs to see if they've updated. Of course, the 10 or so blogs I like to read that don't have RSS feeds--I'm always behind on because I often forget to check them. You bloggers know who you are -- God damn you.

Also, I do a lot of skimming.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Here is further info on what the hell I am up to.

http://cafecafepoetry.blogspot.com/2006/01/further-discussion-on-what-heck-i-am.html


d.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home