Thursday, December 11, 2008

One Act Play

CHARACTERS:

MOTHER
SON
DARLA the CAT

The scene opens to a suburban townhome at 8:40 AM. A mother prepares her son for preschool.

[MOTHER enters stage down staircase.]

MOTHER: Son, I heard Darla throw up. Do you know where? [mother sits down on step and puts on boots]

SON: Darla threw up?

MOTHER: I think so. Did you see her do it?

SON: Um . . . [SON looks around]

MOTHER: Oh wait, my butt is wet, I think I'm sitting in it.

SON: Your butt is wet?

MOTHER: Yep, looks like it.

SON: Why?

MOTHER: Cause I sat in cat throw-up. I'm going upstairs to change my pants, hold on.

SON: Why?

MOTHER: Cause there's cat throw-up on my pants.

SON: Why?

MOTHER: Do you want me to take you to school with cat throw-up on my pants?

SON: Yes, I do!

DARLA the CAT: Meow.


[END OF SCENE]

4 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Charles said...

OMG, I had this up while I was trying to talk to a vendor about a serious work problem and I kept having to prevent myself from reading it because I almost couldn't stop myself from laughing and falling out of my chair.

word verification: typerm

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Jessie Carty said...

While I have quite often stepped in it, i haven't sat in it..Way to step up even cat ownership and the resultant cat throw up!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Poet friend of Mom in Atlanta vomits a little in his mouth.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger DeadMule said...

I've never sat in it, either. But we did have a cat who threw up daily. His name was Chester, but we called him Chetti the Vometti.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home